[mythtv-users] What replaces irw when using atilibusb for the remote receiver?

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Thu May 13 04:23:22 UTC 2010

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 10:26 PM, Don Brett <dlbrett at zoominternet.net> wrote:
> Jarod Wilson wrote:
>> All you need to do is a bit of editing in /etc/sysconfig/lirc. Set
>> LIRC_DRIVER="devinput" and
>>
>> LIRC_DEVICE="/dev/input/by-id/usb-PHILIPS_ATI_Theater_Remote_Receiver-event-kbd"
>> in there, and from the lirc-remotes package (yum install lirc-remotes,
>> if need be), grab /usr/share/lirc-remotes/devinput/lircd.conf.devinput
>> and copy it to /etc/lirc/lircd.conf. Start up lircd, then give irw a
>> try, and it should spit out key names for you. Then its just a matter
>> of mapping those appropriately for mythtv via your lircrc file.
>>
>> In the future, when mythtv grows native linux input layer support,
>> things will (hopefully) magically Just Work right out of the box... :)
>>

> OK, that was easy.  I have most of the buttons giving me message in irw now.
>  Most of the buttons worked in MythDora also (but not the back button), so I
> made a couple of picks in the infrared setup.  Now the buttons don't work so
> well in irw anymore; I don't think I chose wisely.  Any suggestions on which
> selections for remote control model and override?

You could try claiming its an imon device, since that's one that I
know pretty well... Figure out what irw reports for each key, then
edit ~/.mythtv/lircrc to alter any of the current settings in there to
better match. I haven't a clue exactly what remote you've got, but
input layer is input layer is input layer, so that same
lircd.conf.devinput works for all devices, its just a matter of
setting up appropriate mappings in ~/.mythtv/lircrc to make it behave
the way you want.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com