[mythtv-users] Is there a 0.23 "live" preview available in recording screen ?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed May 5 13:40:25 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-05-05 at 09:28 -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> Only if you're willing to watch a tiny little preview

Sure.  It's usually enough to identify duplicate episodes.

> while you wait
> through the before-the-show garbage, including commercials,

Not at all.  I get at most a few seconds of garbage.  But I have my
mythbox's clock NTP synced.

> waiting for it to "preview" some section of the show that's actually
> recognizable,

Again, a few, maybe 10 seconds at most is enough to determine duplicity.

> all to avoid hitting P

And waiting several seconds for the "Please Wait" screen to get on with
things, and also incurring the 1-in-10 or so times the Please Wait
screen doesn't actually disappear when playback actually starts.

And then having to deal with the "end of play" menu that pops up (yes, I
know, also an option I can disable -- but I usually want it enabled).

b.