[mythtv-users] How to get mythvideo working on a FE only machine.

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Sat May 1 20:51:43 UTC 2010

I have

/var/lib/mythtv NFS mounted from the Master Backend where it is
located at /var/lib/mythtv

/var/libmythtv/videos/series is a separate drive and is exported and
mounted on the frontend in the same location

similarly with /var/ib/mythtv/videos/films

The location is the same on both machines and I can browse the files
using the command line, not just within the GUI (GNOME/KDE or
whatever).

I have setup in media settings these locations on the frontend.

sorry; other than that I cannot help as I am not sure what you are
doing or what programs you are using to achieve it.

In my opinion the first thing to try is to keep it as simple as
possible and use CIFS or NFS shares move a sample media file to this
location on your backend and check that works before experimenting
with more exotic arrangements.

I would doubt that your issue is a myth issue; although I could be wrong.

I am using ubuntu 9.10 master backend/front-end running 0.23 fixes and
several remote frontends (a zotac ION; a SP13000 and a couple of
laptops) running Ubuntu 10.04 also with .23-fixes.