[mythtv-users] Hauppauge PVR 350 and LIRC setting up

Scott pickle136 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 31 19:36:07 UTC 2010

On 3/31/2010 3:27 PM, Marc Chamberlin wrote:
> From my searching around on the internet, and looking through this and
> other mail lists, I suspect this may have been answered somewhere, but
> I was not able to find any answers that I could grok.. (but lots of
> chatter about this remote!)  So with possible apologies in advance, I
> wonder if some kind guru could help me get my Hauppauge PVR-350 (gray)
> remote completely communicating with my media computer? I am running
> SuSE 11.2 x86-64 and I have installed version 0.8.5.4.1 of lirc and
> version 0.8.5_2.6.31.5_0.1-4.4 of the LIRC kernel modules. Following
> instructions I have also installed the kernel modules for lirc-i2c and
> lirc-dev.
>
> I am headed towards getting this working for mythTV. I have installed
> and configure the .lircrc, lircd.conf and the lirc file in
> /etc/sysconfig/ following instructions as best as I could. I have got
> it going partially in that using ircat I can see the number keys are
> being recognized, as well as the volume up/down button but nothing else.
>
> I dunno what files or command outputs I should include so will wait
> until I hear further.. So anyone willing to guide me out of these
> woods? Or point me to a good website that explains in easy to
> understand terms what to do? Thanks in advance...
>

>   Marc..

what do you get from IRW?
most likely you see some keys but not other than the button definitions
in the lircd.conf arnt right. Install and look in the lirc remotes
package you might find the right remote info in there. (FYI theres an
newer lirc 0.8.6 in a repo called vdr, but you your case that 0.8.5
should work)
lircrc only matter once you want to use the remote in lirc