[mythtv-users] Hauppauge PVR 350 and LIRC setting up

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Wed Mar 31 20:11:51 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 3:36 PM, Scott <pickle136 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On 3/31/2010 3:27 PM, Marc Chamberlin wrote:
>>
>> From my searching around on the internet, and looking through this and
>> other mail lists, I suspect this may have been answered somewhere, but I was
>> not able to find any answers that I could grok.. (but lots of chatter about
>> this remote!)  So with possible apologies in advance, I wonder if some kind
>> guru could help me get my Hauppauge PVR-350 (gray) remote completely
>> communicating with my media computer? I am running SuSE 11.2 x86-64 and I
>> have installed version 0.8.5.4.1 of lirc and version 0.8.5_2.6.31.5_0.1-4.4
>> of the LIRC kernel modules. Following instructions I have also installed the
>> kernel modules for lirc-i2c and lirc-dev.
>>
>> I am headed towards getting this working for mythTV. I have installed and
>> configure the .lircrc, lircd.conf and the lirc file in /etc/sysconfig/
>> following instructions as best as I could. I have got it going partially in
>> that using ircat I can see the number keys are being recognized, as well as
>> the volume up/down button but nothing else.
>>
>> I dunno what files or command outputs I should include so will wait until
>> I hear further.. So anyone willing to guide me out of these woods? Or point
>> me to a good website that explains in easy to understand terms what to do?
>> Thanks in advance...
>>

>>  Marc..
>>
> what do you get from IRW?
> most likely you see some keys but not other than the button definitions in
> the lircd.conf arnt right. Install and look in the lirc remotes package you
> might find the right remote info in there. (FYI theres an newer lirc 0.8.6
> in a repo called vdr, but you your case that 0.8.5 should work)
> lircrc only matter once you want to use the remote in lirc

Not so sure about lirc 0.8.5 working here. I believe there were
numerous i2c changes in 2.6.31 that made lirc_i2c non-functional, and
they weren't fixed until after lirc 0.8.5 was released. I could be
misremembering though. dmesg output from lirc_i2c module load time
would likely say for sure.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com