[mythtv-users] Hauppauge 2250 causes dropped network packets

John Kasunich jmkasunich at fastmail.fm
Sun Mar 28 22:57:15 UTC 2010

Built this PC a couple months ago.

Motherboard is Asus M4A77D
Network is the onboard NIC:
02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller (rev 03)

Networking works fine when the Hauppauge 2250 PCI Express tuner
card is not in the machine.

When I installed the tuner card, I started getting 5-15% dropped
packets.  The packets are being dropped in the very first hop,
from the PC to my DSL router/modem.  Other PCs on the same network
never drop packets, and removing the tuner card makes this PC start
working fine again.

The only connection I can see between tuner and NIC is that when
the tuner is not present, the NIC is at PCI address 02:00.0, but
when the tuner is installed, it takes the 02:00.0 address, and
the NIC winds up at 03:00.0.

Anybody heard of such a thing?  Any suggestions to diagnose?

Regards,

John Kasunich

--
  John Kasunich