[mythtv-users] .23 and language for thetvdb grabber

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sun Mar 28 17:41:38 UTC 2010

On 3/28/2010 04:40, Nicolas Will wrote:
> I am trying to temporarily change the language setting for TheTCDB
> grabber, from default EN to FR.
>
> I used to be able to go to the setting menu with the command lines and
> add "-l fr".
>
> This possibility has disappeared. I can select the grabber type, but not
> edit its command line.

MythVideo now has a statically defined grabber format, so you can no
longer edit each individual command line.  Part of that specification
states that all grabbers must accept a '-l <lang>' input, even if it
just gets ignored.  The language sent to the grabber is defined by the
language specified for the frontend.  If you want to change the language
use by the grabbers, you must change that used by the entire rest of the
frontend.

Note that grabbers may fall back to using English if there is no data
available in your specified language for the requested video.