[mythtv-users] Master Backend and Secondary Backend

Ramon Hofer ramonhofer at bluewin.ch
Sat Mar 27 20:39:45 UTC 2010

Hi all

I'm trying to setup a Master Backend on one PC and restore a previously
backed up database.

I followed this guide:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MythTV/Install/Server/Backend

It told me to:

sudo apt-get install mysql-server mythtv-backend mythtv-database
sudo usermod -a -G mythtv USERNAME (of course with my username)
/usr/bin/mythtv-setup
Set the IP addresses to the master backend computers IP address

The directories for the storage groups are set where I mounted the NAS
on which I have the directories.

Then I tried to restore the database by following the part "Replacing an
existing database":
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore#Replacing_an_existing_database

mysql -uroot -p -e 'DROP DATABASE IF EXISTS mythconverg;'
mysql -uroot -p < /usr/share/mythtv/sql/mc.sql
UPDATE user SET Password=PASSWORD('XXX') WHERE user='mythtv';
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

echo "DBBackupDirectory=/var/lib/mythtv/db_backups" > ~/.mythtv/backuprc
sudo /usr/share/mythtv/mythconverg_restore.pl

But unfortunately the script returns:
"ERROR: The database does not exist."

And when I start "/usr/bin/mythtv-setup" again on the master backend pc
it asks me for the language I want to use and tells me that he can't
find the database :-(

Of course on my secondary backend it can't find the master backen
database...

What can I do to fix the problem?

Thanks in advance
Ramon