[mythtv-users] Should MythNetVision import RSS "recordings" into the main Recordings section?

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 20:38:50 UTC 2010

My test machine is a VM running on ESXi 3.5, currently with no tuners
(although it used to have an HDHomeRun and does have recorded shows)
and upgraded from Mythbuntu 8.10 to 9.04 to 9.10 and then upgraded to
MythTV .23 RC1 using the Mythbuntu repos. Mythnettv didn't install on
its own so I installed MythBrowser via Mythbuntu Control Centre and
then installed MythNetTV via Synaptic.

I went into the RSS feeds section and added a known good Podcast, NBC
Nightly News. (http://podcast.msnbc.com/audio/podcast/MSNBC-NN-NETCAST-M4V.xml)
- I was able to subscribe to it and downloaded an episode to my home
directory at /home/matt/,mythtv/download_5053_25146.m4v. I can play
the file with mplayer. However, when I try to browse to it through the
MythNetTV section of Myth (Browse Internet Video - RSS Feeds - NBC
Nightly News - File it does nothing. I'm running Mythfrontend via a
terminal and I don't see any errors when I try to launch it. I also
was under the (perhaps incorrect?) understanding that MythNetTV would
shoehorn my RSS recordings into the main Recordings section of Myth.
Was this an incorrect assumption? And if so, can I make this a feature
request?

Thanks in advance. I realize that this is pre-release code and
understand that it does have its quirks (It's awesome, by the way) but
was wondering if I was misunderstanding its capabilities.