[mythtv-users] analog channels and mythtv .23

Dan Armbrust daniel.armbrust.list at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 20:10:22 UTC 2010

In addition to the lack of sound output on analog (different thread)
I'm having channel scan / tuning issues as well.

I'm using mythbackend version: branches/release-0-23-fixes [23789]

I went into the backend channel editor.  Erased all of my analog
channels.  Reran the channel scanner, now that it is supposed to be
fixed (well, it doesn't crash, anyway)

It seems to find, mostly, the correct channels.  Although, in places,
it seems to get off by one.  On my analog cable that I'm trying to
scan, I have channels such as ... 5, 6, 8, 9... It will add 5 and 6,
and 7, even though it is static, and then miss 8, jumping up to 9
before it keeps the next channel.

Strangely, everytime I run a channel scan, even if I had done a delete
all, followed by a mythfilldb, followed by a scan, it puts up a dialog
at the end of the channel scan, telling me that it didn't find any new
channels to add.
Yet, it added the new channels?

But then, when I try to watch or record the channels - channels 2 - 13
work (well, they display video... no audio).  Any channel above 13
simply displays static.  It is like it is using the wrong tuning
rules, or something... yet when it was scanning channels, it found
channels (in roughly) the right places, all the way up to 99.

Is my DB corrupt somehow, from trying to scan channels with the old,
broken .22 code?  Do I need to do something to fix it?  Or is .23
really just this buggy yet?

Thanks,

Dan