[mythtv-users] 8400 VDPAU only Bob2x

Taylor Ralph taylor.ralph at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 16:17:13 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 5:35 PM, Mitch Gore <mitchell.gore at gmail.com> wrote:
> I changed buffers to 12 and it still did the same thing.
>
> The first one of 0 720 is being used.  I have VDPAU Normal selected for
> profile and just change the de-int for #1.  if you look at the logs you can
> see its picking the correct de-int.
>
> Just as a test I deleted #2 so there was no advanced 2x and it did as
> expected, studder.
>
> yes I did order another card.  well see what it does with that card on
> Monday.
> --
> Mitchell

Yikes! I know what the problem is now. The specs straight from the
vendors website show it is using 266MHz memory (532MHz effective)
which is way below most 8400GS (G98 models) which run at 400MHz
(800MHz effective).

http://www.evga.com/products/moreInfo.asp?pn=512-P3-N725-LR&family=GeForce%208%20Series%20Family

Unfortunately an 8400GS not only can have different GPUs (G86 vs G98)
but also different frequencies for the core, memory and shaders! I
think you can increase the memory frequency using nvclock and the
coolbits interface but do so at your own risk to damaging the card.

Looks like you are already taking the correct action and just upgrading.

Regards.

--
Taylor