[mythtv-users] 8400 VDPAU only Bob2x

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 17:13:46 UTC 2010

Yikes! I know what the problem is now. The specs straight from the
> vendors website show it is using 266MHz memory (532MHz effective)
> which is way below most 8400GS (G98 models) which run at 400MHz
> (800MHz effective).
>

> http://www.evga.com/products/moreInfo.asp?pn=512-P3-N725-LR&family=GeForce%208%20Series%20Family
>
> Unfortunately an 8400GS not only can have different GPUs (G86 vs G98)
> but also different frequencies for the core, memory and shaders! I
> think you can increase the memory frequency using nvclock and the
> coolbits interface but do so at your own risk to damaging the card.
>
> Looks like you are already taking the correct action and just upgrading.
>
> Regards.
>
> --
> Taylor
>
> Taylor,

Thanks for the info.  I bet that is it.  what is Nvidia thinking when they
allow vendors to sell products with the same name but diff specs.  The end
user has no clue on what to buy!

Crossing my fingers that the 210 that i just bought will do temp 2x (can
that I can tell the diff over bob2x).  UPS says card will be here Monday so
Ill know then!

--
Mitchell