[mythtv-users] MythTV UPnP problems...

Robin Smith 1canuck2 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 21:11:57 UTC 2010

I have a problem I am trying to solve with UPnP.

I have a MythTV BE/FE (running the 0.22 Packman release of Myth on OpenSUSE).

I also have three Popcorn Hour devices attached to displays around my
house (two A-110 and one C-200).

Lastly, I have a QNAP TS-439Pro NAS that is running TwonkyMedia (also
a UPnP server).

On the Popcorn Hours, I would like to use UPnP to playback MythTV
recordings, but Myth does not show up in the list of available UPnP
servers. There's nothing to tweak for this on the PCH end, it just
detects available UPnP servers on start-up. Plus, the NAS/TwonkyMedia
box shows up in the PCH, so I am certain the PCH is looking for and
listing available UPnP servers.

Weirdly, in WMP in Windows 7, MythTV does show up as an available UPnP
server (along with the NAS) and I can playback recordings, which would
lead me to believe MythTV is configured correctly.

But MythTV does not show in the PCH.

FWIW, on the PCH I can go to an SMB share on my MythTV BE and playback
video files I have stored for use with MythVideo, so network-wise they
are definitely able to talk. All devices are on a single subnet on my
internal LAN and no firewall is running on Myth or the PCH.

Any ideas how I can get Myth to show as a UPnP server?
What would the differences be between Win7 and the PCH that one would
see it and one one not? (I know this is not the best place to ask this
question, but if someone knows...)

Thanks

Robin