[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.23 audio settings

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 02:08:56 UTC 2010

On 22 March 2010 13:02, Chris Adams <rocket at extremelan.net> wrote:
> However flash makes no sound. Not sure if something like this will help:
> (see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=49374 )

Ah but I only care about MythTV here :)

none of my mythtv frontend have keyboards ; so let alone use them for
playing flash content !
> JYA: my understanding is that plug and rate both do rate conversion,
> but plug would be "smarter" because it can do the correct conversion
> for the slave pcm. Is this correct?

MythTV will perform the rate conversion as required if the interface
doesn't support the same rate as whatever is being played.

And MythTV uses a much better rate converter than what ALSA does by default