[mythtv-users] Keeping IMDB Number

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Wed Mar 17 18:11:55 UTC 2010

On 3/17/2010 09:25, Krzysztof Adamski wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-03-16 at 21:38 -0400, Raymond Wagner wrote:
>
>> On 3/16/2010 21:17, Krzysztof Adamski wrote:
>>
>>> If I were to add a column to the videometadata table (call it xnum),
>>> would this column survive an upgrade to 0.23?
>>>

>> You should already know the answer to that question before you decide to
>> go off and start making your own schema changes.
>>
> I know enough to add a column, but I don't know what happens when the
> schema is upgraded.

When the schema is updated, there are just a series of SQL calls to
add/remove/alter columns and tables in the database.  The only two ways
I can think of that adding a column would cause problems is if you
either used the same column name as a future schema update, or you set
the column as some sort of unique key that cannot repeat.