[mythtv-users] USB to Serial Adapter cable for IR Blaster?

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Tue Mar 16 22:12:11 UTC 2010

Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> To make things cleaner in the long run I plan to use some
> optoisolators to run the signals from the blaster to the
> DTA units thanks to the ideas from others that have done
> the same thing from tivo's to the DTAs.

Gary, if you've got some information you can share on optoisolators, please
do. This came up as I was getting my Motoroa DTA100s working. They come with
an "IR In" jack and a wired IR receiver so you can put them in remote
locations. It was mentioned that with an optoisolator you could connect the
DTA directly to an IR emitter port. It would be a cleaner way to avoid
cross-talk between multiple emitters than by using black electrical tape.