[mythtv-users] Hauppauge HVR-4000 correct settings

Andre Newman mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Mon Mar 15 14:58:34 UTC 2010

On 15 Mar 2010, at 14:22, Per Jørgensen wrote:

> Here's what I've done!
>
> On 15-03-2010 15:02, Alan Ferrero wrote:
>> Hi all!
>>
>> I'm a user of Mythbuntu 9.10 64 bit (which includes MythTV 0.22) and in
>> need of help to properly setting the WinTV HVR-4000 up.
>>
>> The MythTV wiki first says:
>>
>> "As per the the V4L-DVB Wiki, you can't use both the DVB-T and DVB-S
>> tuners simultaneously. While 0.22 onwards supports cards with multiple
>> frontends, you must tick the "open card on demand" option in the capture
>> card settings when adding both DVB-S and DVB-T tuners to prevent errors
>> like this in your backend log: DVBChan(20:/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0)
>> Warning: Opening DVB frontend device failed."
>>
>> However, it's unclear to me which tuner requires this setting (i.e.
>> ticking the "open card on demand"): DVB-S/S2, DVB-T or (maybe) both?
>>
> on both

And in the same screen untick "Use DVB Card for active EIT scan"
otherwise mythtv will keep the card open scanning EIT and never let you use both DVBS2 and DVBT

If you need EIT data sometimes you really need another card that is just DVBS or DVBT so the EIT is scanned properly and up to date, some providers it works fine without the active scan, it depends on how your broadcaster sends their EIT.

Andre