[mythtv-users] Help with new Video Card (power supply requirements)

Paulin paulin at spextreme.com
Fri Mar 12 20:19:00 UTC 2010

All,

I just purchased a new video card (Jaton 498pci -
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814139046).  Anyway I
was getting ready to install it and one of the requirements on the box says
minimum 450W power supply.   Anyway I checked my dell box and it told me the
V 115 with 7 amp.  So simple math sells me 700+ watts.  Then I opened up the
box and on the power supply there is a label.  It says that max power is 300
watts.

So my question is my thinking correct, in that, I can't use this card
because my power supply is maxed at 300w.

Since V x A = W why does the power supply say 300 max?

So should I return the card and look for something else or will this work?

Thanks
steve