[mythtv-users] Massive Lineup Shift - Best way to handle?

Clay nt4usb at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 11 22:07:27 UTC 2010

--- On Thu, 3/11/10, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> From: Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Massive Lineup Shift - Best way to handle?
> To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
> Date: Thursday, March 11, 2010, 9:37 AM
> On 03/10/2010 05:19 PM, Matt S.
> wrote:
> > Time Warner Cable has decided to completely blow away
> the lineup for
> > all channels above 99 (all digital channels) and
> re-arrange all of
> > them on March 31....

Oh joy!

...doing it the "complete" way
> only takes a couple of minutes, so I recommend (and use) the
> way that always works--the "complete" way, using the video
> sources portion of the linked post....

I have TW basic cable.
(2) PVR-150's- SD lineup is fine for these.

A180 and ATSC115 for the digital side.

A full scan takes more than a half hour to complete. Double that since the cards find different channels on different freq's.

Then several hours to watch each of the hundreds of found channels, identify and add the xmltvid.

Then a half hour or so for mythfilldatabase to run and update the lineups via SD.

Another couple hours to remove all the channels from the DB that go nowhere and clean up the remaining channels, callsigns, etc. (phpmyadmin)

I'd love to know how to accomplish this in a few minutes.

I have some shortcuts like manually entering the frequencies I know carry programming and only scanning those.

Still, it's a hateful process.

(Currently running JYA's 0.21 but the process has been the same since I installed the A180 a couple releases ago...)