[mythtv-users] HD-PVR Intermittent Loss of Sound with S/PDIF

Fred Hamilton fred at yonkitime.com
Sun Mar 7 20:01:17 UTC 2010

My HD-PVR (Myth 0.23, Mythbuntu 9.10, component + S/PDIF) is working
perfectly 99% of the time, but every now and then it records a show with no
audio.

I don't usually use "Watch TV', but my wife does.   And she says after
manually entering in a channel to watch via MythTV (not directly changing
the cable box, but telling Myth to tell the cable box to change the
channel), sometimes the station comes up but there is no sound.  If she
reenters the same channel number, it relocks and there is sound.

I'm sure this is the same problem as the soundless recordings.  Has anyone
else run into this?

I have the latest HD-PVR firmware as of January 2010.

-Fred