[mythtv-users] Best MS MediaCenter Remote .lircrc for 0.22?

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 02:18:46 UTC 2010

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 8:10 PM, Joe Borne <joe.borne at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've been on 0.22 with mythbuntu for several months and I am very happy with
> it. I recently had my system drive die (fortunately all media is on other
> drives) and I replaced it and reloaded 0.22. This gives me the opportunity
> to make any little tweaks I'd like before I put it back in front of the
> family.
>
> I'm not particularly thrilled with the .lircrc file for the newer usb based
> microsoft media center remote I use. I does most of what I need, but I have
> to use a keyboard for some things I think should be in the remote. For
> instance, you cannot get the menu to appear in the video manager in order to
> scan for new media. The info button does nothing in this screen. You also
> have no way to hit "w" in order to load metadata/images etc for new media.
>
> I've tried inserting custom commands, but nothing has worked. It seems my
> system just ignores my changes.
>

> Does anyone have a .lircrc file they like, that covers the little issues I
> am seeing that they would be OK to share?

The "media" key is tied to the M key functionality by default for me.

I added the "w" keypress manually under keybindings using a non-used key.

The only other thing I did was re-map ChanUp/Down to PageUp/Down..

I use a harmony programmable though, so I can easily add/remove keys
and remap them.  I guess it all depends on what is on your remote
physically as to what you can do..