[mythtv-users] Testing UTF-8

Stephen Bridges widget at stdin.co.uk
Mon Jun 28 21:42:26 UTC 2010

> If you're currently on 0.22-fixes or higher, you shouldn't have any
> problems related to character encoding.
>
> If you're saying you reverted back to 0.21-fixes after a failed
> 0.22-fixes upgrade, you may.

When I originally posted I was on 0.22-fixes.  I'm now on 0.23-fixes.

> Note, also, that you can /not/ use a partial restore to "merge" data
> from multiple databases into a single database.  There is no supported
> procedure for merging the data.  Instead, you would need to use
> MythArchive to do "native" exports of the recordings you want to keep
> from one system (the one with fewer recordings) and then import them
> back into MythTV.

Noted.  I don't think I've done that.  The only partial restore I did was when
going from 0.21 to 0.22 due to the problems with default Gentoo MySQL configs.
Which I've fixed.

> If that doesn't answer your question, there are so many possible bad
> things that could have happened to your DB that the only way (and the
> easiest way) to tell you what's wrong and how to fix it is for you to
> send me (directly--off list) a link to the database backup.  I may not
> be able to get time to analyze it for a day or 2, but I will take a look.

Yes, I will mail you one soon.  Thanks for your time.

Widget.