[mythtv-users] weather.com Terms of Use

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 18:10:03 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 11:02 AM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:

> In this context, the word "display" does not mean "render on a screen"
> but rather to "publicly exhibit", or put on display.  There is no
> difference here between MythWeather and Firefox.  The difference is
> public display vs. private viewing.  They're saying public displays of
> the data are forbidden (without further licensing).

Says you.  I'm sorry, I am not a lawyer, and don't wish to be one.  However,
I am not debating the interpretation of their TOS.  As you are not the
person on the hook for this, it is easy for you to posture how you will.  I
don't have that luxury.  I don't need the potential of cease & desist
notices, etc.  In my reading, and that of several others, we were at *best*
in the grey area, and at worst, flagrantly violating their TOS.  I chose to
err on the side of caution and remove it and remove all doubt.

As I said... be patient.   I should have a replacement in place fairly soon.