[mythtv-users] channel icon download fails

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 03:44:57 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 8:12 PM, Gavin Hurlbut <gjhurlbu at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 11:48 AM, James Orr <james.orr7 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> When I try to download channel icons via mythtv-setup I am getting the
>> following errors ...
>>
>> 2010-06-27 14:38:07.482 HttpComms::Timeout for url:
>> http://lyngsat-logo.com/logo/tv/aa/ae_us.jpg
>> 2010-06-27 14:38:07.501 Server returned an error status code 0 for url:
>> http://lyngsat-logo.com/logo/tv/aa/ae_us.jpg
>>
>> Navigating to the link in a browser works fine.
>>

> Today, I'm getting the same issue.  It worked fine for me a couple weeks
> back, but I've had to completely reinstall, and here we are.  And of course,
> the icons won't show.  This is for any that it couldn't find by a normal
> search.

As an update... I went and tweaked the code a bit.  Seems with a 30s timeout
in place, I am now getting icons.  I wonder if lyngsat-logo.com isn't now
throttling mythtv users perhaps?  That would be unfortunate.  I'll look into
the code a bit more, and perhaps commit the change to trunk with a 45s
timeout.