[mythtv-users] [solved] Lirc_serial and mceusb v2

Joseph Flack jflackmd at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 28 02:51:54 UTC 2010

Sucess, confirmed using a digital camera.

# irsend -d /var/run/lirc/lircd1 LIST "" ""
irsend: PaceDC50X

# irsend SEND_STOP -d /var/run/lirc/lircd1 PaceDC50X One

works as confirmed with the digital camera, transmitting a "one" per the config file.

Notes for the archive:

PaceDC50X is the name in /etc/lirc/PaceDC50X.conf

The line in /etc/rc.d is different that the prior one which had a "\" before "--output."
The correct line is:

/usr/sbin/lircd --device=/dev/lirc1 --output=/var/run/lirc/lircd1
  --pidfile=/var/run/lirc/lircd1.pid /etc/lirc/blaster.conf

My configuration substitutes /etc/lirc/PaceDC50X.conf instead of blaster.conf

Next step - channel  change script.

Many thanks to Nick and Jerod for leading me to this point.