[mythtv-users] Lirc_serial and mceusb v2

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 23:53:53 UTC 2010

On 27 June 2010 04:55, Joseph Flack <jflackmd at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately this configuration still does not work in testing.  See below.
>
>> Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 10:04:49 -0400
>> From: jarod at wilsonet.com
>> To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] [solved] Lirc_serial and mceusb v2
>>
>> On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 12:10 AM, Joseph Flack <jflackmd at hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > I spoke too quickly:
>> >

>> > There is a problem with this line in rc.d.  I cannot use  irsend LIST ""
>> > ""
>> > to list the remote names:
>> >
>> > /usr/sbin/lircd --device=/dev/lirc1 \ --output=/var/run/lirc/lircd1
>> > --pidfile=/var/run/lirc/lircd1.pid

Is this how it is included in your rc.d file?

To keep things separate, copy the LIRC config for the blaster into a
separate file (called something like /etc/lirc/blaster.conf)

Enter the following on a single line as:

-- cut --
/usr/sbin/lircd --device=/dev/lirc1 --output=/var/run/lirc/lircd1
--pidfile=/var/run/lirc/lircd1.pid /etc/lirc/blaster.conf
-- cut --

and check the syslog after boot to check for any lircd output.

If you do get a lird1 socket, try running irsend with the socket (your
socket needs write permissions for irsend to work).

Cheers,
Nick

--
Nick Morrott