[mythtv-users] .24 Audio results: mixed

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 06:50:08 UTC 2010

Hi

On 25 June 2010 16:36, Douglas Peale <Douglas_Peale at comcast.net> wrote:
> The detail that I was missing was that you can not tell from software if you are outputting analog or digital. This explains a
> lot about why the menus confuse me so much.

Actually, I should add that *some* cards report if a device is a
digital one or not.
Like on one PC of mine, the iec958, states that it's a digital device.
On the other PC, the iec958 doesn;t.

I could always test usual pattern, like if the device names contains
"analog" I can hopefully, safely assume it's an analog device..

default, is more troublesome. It could be anything..

spdif, iec958, hdmi, could assume it's digital..