[mythtv-users] another scheduling mishandling

Jason Ward jasonfward at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 15:31:49 UTC 2010

On 24 June 2010 16:24, David Engel <david at istwok.net> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 09:50:58AM -0400, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> > I do have Reschedule Higher Priorities disabled in an effort to get
> > "best fit" per the other ongoing thread.  Changing that either way
> > didn't seem to make a difference.
>
> The scheduler does not use "best fit".  It always uses first fit with
> some simple heuristics.  One of those heuristics is using priority to
> control the order in which things are tried.
>
> Hmmm, that misunderstanding maybe my fault.  When you said

"When SchedMoveHigher is enabled, the scheduler moves recordings around one
at a time and the first fit wins.  it does not continue on looking for
"better" fits.  Consequently, recordings might get moved to lower priority
inputs or channels."

I assumed you meant when SchedMoveHigher is disabled, the scheduler moves
recordings around one at a time looking for a fit and continues looking for
"better" fits until the "best" fit is found.

Jason