[mythtv-users] another scheduling mishandling

David Engel david at istwok.net
Thu Jun 24 19:07:37 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 04:31:49PM +0100, Jason Ward wrote:
> Hmmm, that misunderstanding maybe my fault.  When you said
>
> "When SchedMoveHigher is enabled, the scheduler moves recordings around one
> at a time and the first fit wins.  it does not continue on looking for
> "better" fits.  Consequently, recordings might get moved to lower priority
> inputs or channels."
>
> I assumed you meant when SchedMoveHigher is disabled, the scheduler moves
> recordings around one at a time looking for a fit and continues looking for
> "better" fits until the "best" fit is found.

Nope, the scheduler uses first fit in either case.  The big differnece
is this.  When SchedMoveHigher is enabled, the scheduler will try to
move recordings to lower priority channels/inputs/whatever.  When
SchedMoveHigher is disabled, the scheduler will only try to move
recordings to channels/inputs/whatever with the same or higher
priority.

David
--
David Engel