[mythtv-users] Re : Is there a way to activate Video Acceleration API for Intel Ironlake (HD Graphics) on MythTV?

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 22:01:58 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 2:50 PM, R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org> wrote:

> Whoa Gavin. It does not yet exist in myth. So in the meantime, he would
> need at least a vaapi enabled player...like the mplayer version referred to.

Yes, and I'm saying that won't make it work with mythtv as mplayer isn't
part of mythtv.  And this IS a mythtv mailing list, is it not?

> But if you get it working Real Soon Now (TM Jerry Pournele iirc) I'll be
> glad to test it.

What setup do you have for testing on?  There is already a starting patch
sitting in Trac that Mark created.  I guess we had some cross-communication
going on, but it's all good. :)  As long as it gets done.