[mythtv-users] Re : Is there a way to activate Video Acceleration API for Intel Ironlake (HD Graphics) on MythTV?

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Thu Jun 24 01:17:55 UTC 2010

On 06/23/2010 06:01 PM, Gavin Hurlbut wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 2:50 PM, R. G. Newbury<newbury at mandamus.org>  wrote:
>
>> Whoa Gavin. It does not yet exist in myth. So in the meantime, he would
>> need at least a vaapi enabled player...like the mplayer version referred to.
>>

> Yes, and I'm saying that won't make it work with mythtv as mplayer isn't
> part of mythtv.  And this IS a mythtv mailing list, is it not?
>

>> But if you get it working Real Soon Now (TM Jerry Pournele iirc) I'll be
>> glad to test it.
>>

> What setup do you have for testing on?  There is already a starting patch
> sitting in Trac that Mark created.  I guess we had some cross-communication
> going on, but it's all good. :)  As long as it gets done.

It's an Asus P5 something something motherboard, with a builtin Intel
945GM chipset...I think. Been a while, since I've been using a fanless
Nvidia 9500GT board in it since about 2 weeks after Isaac released the
first myth svn trunk version of vdpau!

I'll have to do a parallel installation to test, but that's not too
hard. I'll just carve a 10Gig partition out of the back of my 1T /video
disk and use that.

Geoff