[mythtv-users] Scheduling bug? Two episodes at same time

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jun 23 01:01:02 UTC 2010

On 06/22/2010 08:56 PM, Len Reed wrote:
> I'm trying to record two World Cup games at once. The local Spanish
> station is showing both games in their over the air broadcast.
> One is in true HighDef on 34_1; the other is in digital 480i on 34_2.
>
> Myth isn't letting me schedule both. The 34_2 games come up 'O' in
> upcoming recordings. Drilling down gives "This showing will not be
> recorded because this episode will be recorded on a different channel
> in this time slot."
>
> Consider this morning at 09:30 (U.S. Eastern Daylight Time). 34_1
> had subtitle 'Fasa de Grupos: México vs. Uraguay' and 34_2 had
> 'Fase de Grupos: Francia vs. Sudáfrica'. Both had title "2010 FIFA
> World Cup Soccer" (in English!). The verbose Spanish descriptions
> were accurate and different.
>
> The program ids are identical, of course, and the database has
> no episode number for either.
>
> Normally I can record 34_1 and 34_2 simultaneously using my single-
> tuner HDHOMERUN. (They're multiplexed in the same frequency.)
> I doubt this has anything to do with the capture device, though.
>
> I tried faking it out by changing the title of one game (using
> 'mysql'), and upcoming recordings said it would record both games.
> (I had to turn of EIT and daily schedule refresh.) When it came time
> to record, though, it failed utterly and nothing recorded. I can't
> recall the exact message, but it was something about "no listing for
> this program." I'm not terribly good with databases, so I'm not sure
> what I've missed in my attempted work-around.
>
> This sounds like a bug to me, wherein the scheduler "thinks" there
> are two identical programs at once (same program id and title, no
> epidode number) but they are in fact different in subtitle and
> description.

No, they are identical.  The programid is the definitive indicator of
which episode is showing.  If both programs have a programid and those
programids match, it is /definitely/ the same episode.

> Is this a bug? Anyone have an idea at how to work around this?
> (It becomes moot after Friday, of course, at least with respect
> to simultaneous World Cup matches.)

You need to use either a rule that has duplicate matching disabled or a
one-time override rule for each showing that specifies no duplicate
matching.

Mike