[mythtv-users] Scheduling bug? Two episodes at same time

Len Reed crunchyfrog at charter.net
Wed Jun 23 00:56:58 UTC 2010

I'm trying to record two World Cup games at once. The local Spanish
station is showing both games in their over the air broadcast.
One is in true HighDef on 34_1; the other is in digital 480i on 34_2.

Myth isn't letting me schedule both. The 34_2 games come up 'O' in
upcoming recordings. Drilling down gives "This showing will not be
recorded because this episode will be recorded on a different channel
in this time slot."

Consider this morning at 09:30 (U.S. Eastern Daylight Time). 34_1
had subtitle 'Fasa de Grupos: México vs. Uraguay' and 34_2 had
'Fase de Grupos: Francia vs. Sudáfrica'. Both had title "2010 FIFA
World Cup Soccer" (in English!). The verbose Spanish descriptions
were accurate and different.

The program ids are identical, of course, and the database has
no episode number for either.

Normally I can record 34_1 and 34_2 simultaneously using my single-
tuner HDHOMERUN. (They're multiplexed in the same frequency.)
I doubt this has anything to do with the capture device, though.

I tried faking it out by changing the title of one game (using 'mysql'),
and upcoming recordings said it would record both games.
(I had to turn of EIT and daily schedule refresh.) When it came time
to record, though, it failed utterly and nothing recorded. I can't
recall the exact message, but it was something about "no listing for
this program." I'm not terribly good with databases, so I'm not sure
what I've missed in my attempted work-around.

This sounds like a bug to me, wherein the scheduler "thinks" there
are two identical programs at once (same program id and title, no
epidode number) but they are in fact different in subtitle and description.

System details:
Fedora 12 x86_64
HDHOMERUN single-tuner
ATSC (U.S. over the air)
mythtv-backend-0.23-234.fc12.x86_64 (from RPMs)

Is this a bug? Anyone have an idea at how to work around this?
(It becomes moot after Friday, of course, at least with respect
to simultaneous World Cup matches.)

Thanks,
Len