[mythtv-users] Lirc_serial and mceusb v2

Joseph Flack jflackmd at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 23 00:39:54 UTC 2010

Jarod's fix does not seem to work.  I am missing soemthing....

Here is the lirc.conf in /etc/modprob.d/  Do I need to delete something?
alias char-major-61-0 mceusb
alias char-major-61-1 lirc_serial
options lirc_serial irq=4 io=0x3f8
install lirc_serial setserial /dev/ttyS0 uart none ; /modprobe --ignore-install lirc_serial
Here is what I now have  in
/etc/rc.d/rc.local

---------------------------------------
touch /var/lock/subsys/local

/usr/sbin/lircd --driver=lirc_serial --device=/dev/lirc1 \ --output=/var/run/lirc/lircd1 --pidfiles=/var/run/lirc/lircd1.pid

Jarod's change in /etc/sysconfig/modules/lirc.modules

#!/bin/sh

/bin/setserial /dev/ttyS0 uart none >/dev/null 2>&1
/sbin/modprode lirc_serial >/dev/null 2>&1

I get only one /dev/lirc*

# ls -l /dev/lirc*
crw-rw---- 1 root root 249, 0 Jun 22 20:14 /dev/lirc0

# lsmod | grep lirc
lirc_mceusb            16308  0
lirc_dev               12221  1 lirc_mceusb
Now I do have a Pinnicale receiver and I found a blaster that plugs into the back of that.  I undid the changes I made for the serial blaster and tried the USB blaster.  I could not create a second /dev/lirc* at boot.  I could using mknod.

But I need to link it somehow?   I am missing something for sure....   When there is more than one way to do something it can get very confusing.

Thanks...