[mythtv-users] Lirc_serial and mceusb

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 02:02:04 UTC 2010

On 22 June 2010 02:36, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
> (Much as I hate it, I *am* still running a serial transmitter there
> myself, mostly out of laziness, as I have at least 6 or 7 other
> usb-based transmitters, none of which require such hackery as above...
> :)

Same here, although now down to just a single cable box. I've only had
a handful of tuning failures in the last 5 or so years when using it,
so I've had no reason to change it (plus the backend hardware has been
rock solid). I picked up an MCE USB transceiver for my Revo frontend,
so I have a backup of sorts if the blaster fails in the future.

Cheers,
Nick

--
Nick Morrott