[mythtv-users] Problems with lirc on Mythbuntu 10.04

Brent Bolin brent.bolin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 16:57:17 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 8:42 AM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 6:26 AM, Brent Bolin <brent.bolin at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Make sure ~/.mythtv/lircrc has Up and not $somethingelse for that key.
> >> If irw works, its a configuration issue w/mythtv, the core lirc bits
> >> are working as they should.
> >>

> > Thanks Jarod for your reply.
> >
> > It's some kind of kernel module issue.  Surprised I didn't run into
> > problems like this before.
>
> Wait, so you have two different issues, one is that the driver isn't
> binding to the receiver sometimes, and the other is that irw works,
> but mythtv doesn't?
>
> --
> Jarod Wilson
> jarod at wilsonet.com

Yes that is correct.  As posted above -

lirc_mceusb            12402  0
lirc_dev                8884  1 lirc_mceusb

Really hit or miss if lirc_mceusb is in use.  I can sometimes get it
by using myth control center add/remove etc...  but rarely survives a
reboot.  When lirc_mceusb is not in use "0" myth will not recognize
the remote.  But `irw` is seeing commands from the remote.

Have not had any luck with `dpkg-reconfigure lirc` so I'm not sure
what myth control center does.

Interesting I have another identical front end  ZOTAC IONITX-A-U Atom
N330 1.6GHz Dual-Core that appears to be working.  It wants updates,
but have been reluctant to install them.

lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:	Ubuntu
Release:	10.04