[mythtv-users] Capture card / Myth Upgrade Question

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Tue Jun 8 16:35:42 UTC 2010

Ken Smith wrote:

>As a test I deleted all the capture cards from the new one and set
>up just the spare in there. It's a DVB-500 and I didn't bother
>connecting an antenna or getting it to scan for channels or download
>the EPG.
>
>I noticed that while the recordings appeared to be there the
>scheduled recording listings were empty. Will those come back when I
>move the original capture cards over and let them download the EPG
>off-air?

If you think about it - you have no channels in the database, so no
recording rules will match any available channel. So it's correct
that you'll see no recordings scheduled.

As to whether they will automatically re-appear - well I don't know.
Logic says that when you put your cards in, and configure your
channels, in theory the scheduler should be able to schedule your
recordings again.
--
Simon Hobson