[mythtv-users] Capture card / Myth Upgrade Question

Ken Smith kens at kensnet.org
Tue Jun 8 16:20:55 UTC 2010

Hi All, I'm in the process of retiring a FC6 based Myth 0.20 b/e system
and migrating to a Centos 5.5 Myth 0.23 system.

I have copied the video files and restored the original database onto
the new hardware. I have a spare capture card in there right now, but my
plan is to move the cards from the original machine over to the new
configuration once my testing is complete. The new machine will also
have a different hostname.

I ran a test of my migration today with the spare capture card in the
new hardware.

It seemed to go fairly well although it was looking for the capture
cards in the original master b/e. As a test I deleted all the capture
cards from the new one and set up just the spare in there. It's a
DVB-500 and I didn't bother connecting an antenna or getting it to scan
for channels or download the EPG.

I noticed that while the recordings appeared to be there the scheduled
recording listings were empty. Will those come back when I move the
original capture cards over and let them download the EPG off-air?

I was looking for pointers to FAQ's about this is drew a blank.

Thanks

Ken

believed to be clean.