[mythtv-users] Jamu slow since upgrade to 0.23

Doug Vaughan r.d.vaughan at rogers.com
Wed Jun 2 16:04:43 UTC 2010

Stephen,
    I have not heard this issue reported from other Mythbuntu 10.04
users or from the Mythbuntu development team.

    Please try this experiment:
1) Create a few empty movie video files in a temporary directory that
only containes the files you are creating:
 > touch "Terminator (1984).mkv"
 > touch "Avatar (2009).mkv
 > touch "Up (2010).mkv"

2) Run Jamu with these options. The destination directory must be one
that is a legit MythVideo path. You can make a special subdirectory for
this test so you can easily delete the test files later.
 > time /path to jamu/jamu.py -MGV "/the subdirectory for the files you
created in #1/" "/the video destination subdirectory" > movieTest.log

3) Now in the same temporary directory (the movie files should be gone
because of step #2).
 > touch "Battlestar Galactica (2003) - S01E01 - 33.mkv"
 > touch "Carnivale - S02E01 - Los Moscos.mkv"
 > touch "Castle (2009) - S02E06 - Vampire Weekend.mkv"

4) Run Jamu with these options. The destination directory must be one
that is a legit MythVideo path. You can make a special subdirectory for
this test so you can easily delete the test files later.
 > time /path to jamu/jamu.py -MGV "/the subdirectory for the files you
created in #3/" "/the video destination subdirectory" > tvdbTest.log

Check the timings that are at the very end of the two log file
(movieTest.log and tvdbTest.log). If the TV one is significantly slower
than the movie one then this is an issue independant from Jamu. If not
then post a pastebin link to both logs in your next reply post.

Doug