[mythtv-users] Advice on using an RF remote?

David Brieck Jr. dbrieck at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 19:07:18 UTC 2010

I have two Firefly's setup myself, one for each frontend. I'm not sure I
understand the reasoning behind the "IR part" to control the TV though as
LIRC doesn't care whether it's IR or RF, it will still run the frontend the
same way. If you're referring to turning the TV on and off, you could use a
little IR blaster to care care of that and map it to a button on the
Firefly.

http://www.snapstream.com/Products/Firefly/

Incidentally, you will need to change the channel on of the remotes since
the signal does travel well through floors and ceilings.