[mythtv-users] Philips DLNA-client TV won't play recordings

Kingsley Sawyers kingsley.sawyers at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 16:23:23 UTC 2010

I'm trying to encourage my TV to play recordings from my BE.  It's a
current Philips set (pfl9604, current firmware) with an inbuilt DLNA
client.  BE is running MythDora 5 so MythTV 0.21.  Recordings are all
SD TV transmissions, nothing special.
The TV finds the server OK, and I can navigate down to see a list of
recordings.  When I select a rec to play, however, I get a blank
screen and a message on the TV: "File can not be found or played".
Philips haven't been able to suggest anything beyond "your TV should
play the files".
If anyone's got a similar config and knows or can help me check what I
still need to do to open up my BE for this I'd be grateful.  Thanks.
Kingsley