[mythtv-users] Ideas for MythMusic rewrite

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 20:58:42 UTC 2010

> As someone who has various tracks stored in separate directories, I'd be
> very keen to have an option to navigate by filesystem, as well as by artist,
> album, etc.

I second this.

I'd also like to make a comment regarding other posters suggestions re
squeezeplay. I have tried George Galt's mythsqueezebox which is a
great piece of work, but I found that I couldn't get sound working
properly through SPDIF on my system. I worked with George on this
problem but never managed to sort it out, mainly due to my lack of
understanding of audio setup! Where I left it was that I did some
testing with squeezeslave and could actually get MythSqueezebox to
work - but only when alsamixer had something called "IEC958 P" set to
0 - under this scenario I could get sound out of squeezeslave. But I
also found that unless I had it set to 100% I got no sound out of
MythTV recordings. So the two things seemed incompatible (unless I
wanted to manually edit sound settings in alsamixer every time I
played music).

If the development goes down a similar path it would be good to bear
this particular problem in mind as there are surely many MythTV users
using SPDIF.