[mythtv-users] Mythweb Slow to Render Program Detail Page as Selected From Recorded Programs page

Mache Creeger mache at creeger.com
Fri Feb 26 01:14:11 UTC 2010

At 01:59 PM 2/25/2010, Johnny Walker wrote:
>On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 3:39 PM, Tom Dexter
><digitalaudiorock at gmail.com> wrote:

> problem. The
> in top to show

> >> I had 2 Gigs of Ram in my backend and I was starting to swap to disk
> >> when I used mythweb. I added 2 more gigs and now mythweb doesn't cause
> >> me to swap out to disk. Using swap memory is much slower than actual
> >> memory. The problem is compounded if you're running mysql-server,
> >> Apache, mythbackend and the OS all on 1 physical hard drive.
> >>
> >> Swap is slow - I would avoid using it if you can.
> >>
> >> -Johnny
> >
> > For what it's worth, my backend has 512MB of ram and I've never had a
> > problem with it or with mythweb.  What sort of activity in mythweb was
> > causing that sort of memory use?  If that were typical it would have
> > used up my ram and swap which would most likely have brought the
> > machine down.  I think that program searches in 0.21 used to be broken
> > and would reach the php maximum allowed memory.
> >
> > Tom
>
>Great - now I've got another problem to look into.
>
>-Johnny

I have looked at every log available and will run mysql with debug
logging turned on, but I am stumped as to why this is happening. It
takes 5 minutes to render and its like its waiting for something to
time out before it goes forward. I do not believe the problem is that
I am running out of memory and swapping.

-- Mache