[mythtv-users] something's missing

Devin Heitmueller dheitmueller at kernellabs.com
Thu Feb 25 05:12:23 UTC 2010

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 11:49 PM, sharifah ummu kulthum
<kulthum91 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes. I know it should scan. But apparently, it didn't. And I don't know why.
> Anyway, I have posted a new post entitled Mythbuntu 9.10. I found a site
> saying that scanning channel in mythbackend setup is broken. I am not sure
> it has anything to do with my problem.

If you're on 0.22, there is no analog channel scanner functionality in
MythTV.  The code was intentionally disabled because it was completely
broken and no developer had any cycles to work on it before the
release.

That said, I know at least one code path exists which was overlooked
when disabling the analog channel scanner feature (as I ran across it
by accident), but it is known to be broken and should not be used.

If you want MythTV to work with an analog tuner, you either need to
use SchedulesDirect or add the channels manually.  Or you can install
MythTV 0.21, do the channel scan and *then* upgrade to 0.22.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com