[mythtv-users] revo 3600, vdpau, bbc hd stutters

James Thorpe james at tfxsoft.com
Wed Feb 24 11:31:19 UTC 2010

Hi all,

When viewing BBC HD programs on my revo 3600 on any of the VDPAU
profiles, the picture often stutters, especially during panning shots.
I currently only have 1gb of ram (and so I think the max video memory is
256mb?).  Will adding another 1gb a) allow me to up the video memory to
512mb, and b) improve the performance of VDPAU?  Or should I be looking
at other settings first - it seems like the 9400 GPU should be able to
handle HD programs on the normal profile (apart from Advanced 2x).

Thanks,
James