[mythtv-users] revo 3600, vdpau, bbc hd stutters

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Wed Feb 24 12:33:19 UTC 2010

James Thorpe wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> currently only have 1gb of ram (and so I think the max video memory is
> 256mb?).  Will adding another 1gb a) allow me to up the video memory to

I just setup my Revo 1600 last night and indeed, adding an additional
1gb allowed me to move the video memory to 512mb

> 512mb, and b) improve the performance of VDPAU?  Or should I be
> looking at other settings first - it seems like the 9400 GPU should be
> able to handle HD programs on the normal profile (apart from Advanced
> 2x).

I haven't had time enough to play with anything beyond hooking it up to
my new LCD and playing a couple minutes of some ripped movies and
watching one SD TV program.  I'll be playing a lot this weekend though.

Doug