[mythtv-users] DVB-S channel scan failing to find anything

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 23:03:11 UTC 2010

On 20 February 2010 18:02, Matt Dawson <matt at chronos.org.uk> wrote:

> The problem comes when I try to add this card to my mythtv-backend. It
> is detected as a DVB-S card, I can add the capture card, correctly
> identified as DVB-S, and a new video input right up to the point where
> I need to scan for channels. Using the import channels.conf function
> results in a rapid flash of the scan page followed by the no new
> channels found message. Attempting to input the details of a known
> good MUX also results in the same thing.

Can you confirm that you have a valid DiSEqC configuration for the
card? If you leave mythtv-setup after having configured the DVB-S card
and then restart it, are the DiSEqC settings as you configured them?
What DiSEqC settings are you using?

You can increase the logging verbosity for mythtv-setup to include
extra details for the channel scanner. Start mythtv-setup with the '-v
channel, channelscan, record' logging option, and redirect output to a
file.

In addition to trying to import an existing channels.conf file, can
you try a full tuned scan starting on one of the BBC1 muxes?

Cheers,
Nick

--
Nick Morrott