[mythtv-users] user job failing for transcoding HD-PVR recording

Christopher Meredith chmeredith at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 14:39:32 UTC 2010

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 1:14 AM, Kaushik Mallick
<kmallick2000 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to use the user routine for  lossless cutting of HD-PVR content as suggested here:
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User:Iamlindoro
>
> I tried it on different recordings I have made using HD-PVR.
> But all of the user jobs are erroring out no matter if they are SD/HD, short/long, 720p/1080i etc.
> Here is a sample output from the last job from Mythbackend I tried :
>
> http://pastebin.com/m53cfe3a
>
> I would appreciate if I can get some help in figuring out what I need to change in my setup.
>
> For reference, I am using Mythbuntu 9.10 with autobuilds activated. My STB is a Motorola DCH3200
> with video output (currently) set to 720p.

The avidemux method will not work on recordings with AAC audio. I have
a hacked-up version of the script which checks the source files and
transcodes AAC to stereo AC3 first, but I'm not sure it's in a usable
state right now. It's also based on the older version of Robert's
script which still relied on a patched mythcommflag.