[mythtv-users] your thoughts about this Jetway hardware: LinuxRT?

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Tue Feb 16 09:41:44 UTC 2010

> On 01/22/2010 09:59 AM, Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
>
> I was thinking about moving towards a Jetway NC81-lf with AMD Athlon II
> X2 235e "Regor" @ 2700 Mhz, the same PCI DVB-T card and some memory.

So I went for 2 pieces of 2GB of RAM, so no issues there.
I ordered the parts, should be here end of next week the latest.

Would it be worthwhile to run a LinuxRT patched kernel on this hardware?
[See http://rt.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Main_Page for details]
I could give the DVB-T card and harddrive highest priority with
guaranteed response.
I could dedicate one core completely to the backend.
Etc.
What are your thoughts w.r.t. overhead for RT, mythtv, etc?

Udo