[mythtv-users] Master backend thinks manually awoken slave is still sleeping

Christopher Kerr mythtv at theseekerr.com
Sun Feb 14 01:06:44 UTC 2010

A new issue: having configured my slave backend to power down when not
needed, I find it is difficult to use this backend for LiveTV.

I understand that by design, the master will not wake a backend to use
a tuner for liveTV. However, if I choose to power the backend on
myself, in order to make the tuner available, the master still
considers the tuners as "asleep" and will not use them.

If I schedule a recording, so the master sends the wake signal and
considers the slave to be awake, LiveTV on the other tuner works as
normal.

Can anyone help?

- Chris